We value your privacy, we will never lease, rent or sell your private information. Ever.
We ask for personal information such as email and phone numbers to ensure that we can deliver a better service for both you and your recipient.
What we ask for and why
Your name and email address
This is used to provide an order receipt and in case we need to contact you if we experience difficulties fulfilling your order and cannot reach you by phone.
Your phone number
We use this to contact you in case of problems with your order such as delivery issues, or substantial flower substitution.
Recipient’s name and address
A correct delivery address is vital to ensuring prompt delivery of the flowers you have ordered. Please ensure that you supply the correct address, and if there are any special instructions, please include them in the provided field, generally the more relevant information you can give us the more likely your gift will arrive in a timely manner without problems.
Additional information we may collect about you include:
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your credit card details;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
When you place an order on our website you enter the relevant details needed for delivery, such as your recipients name and address etc. along with your contact details. We then make use of these details for efficient delivery of your gift.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you, including with regards to any order you place with us;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run promotions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- payment systems operators;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia included in the United States of America; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia including in the United States of America.
Please note that we currently use the following third parties to process your personal information:
- Google Analytics;
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and, if you are a European Union (EU) citizen, to third parties that reside outside the EU (for example, the third party couriers we use to deliver your order). Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws (and not subject to the GDPR), you acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Our responsibilities as a ‘controller’ under the GDPR
Controllers are defined by the GDPR as natural or legal persons, a public authority, agency or other body to which personal information or personal data has been disclosed, whether via a third party or not, and who determines the purposes and means of processing personal information. We are a controller under the GDPR as we collect, use and store your personal information to enable us to provide you with our goods and/or services.
As a controller, we have certain obligations under the GDPR when collecting, storing and using the personal information of EU citizens. If you are an EU citizen, your personal data will:
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- only be collected for the specific purposes we have identified in the ‘collection and use of personal information’ clause above and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes we have identified;
- be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
- be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information);
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected;
- be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We also apply these principles to the way we collect, store and use the personal information of our Australian customers or clients.
Specifically, we have the following measures in place, in accordance with the GDPR:
- Data protection policies: We have internal policies in place which set out where and how we collect personal information, how it is stored and where it goes after we get it, in order to protect your personal information.
- Right to ask us to erase your personal information: You may us to erase personal information we hold about you.
- Right to ask us to restrict data processing: You may ask us to limit the processing of your personal information where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is wrong (to give us enough time to verify if the information needs to be changed), or where processing data is unlawful and you request us to restrict the processing of personal information rather than it being erased.
- Notification of data breaches: We will comply with the GDPR in respect of any data breach.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our Site or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party (data portability).
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or an article of the GDPR and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner if you wish to make a complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures such as the pseudonymisation and encryption of personal information, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
This website uses the following cookies to assist with our marketing efforts and to enable a streamlined website experience.
Beautiful Blooms Floral Boutique. This cookie stores information related to your shopping cart. It allows the website to keep track of the items in your cart as you move from page to page so that when you are ready to check out the site knows which items you would like to purchase. This cookie has no personally identifiable information stored in it and is used only to assist with the smooth functioning of the website.
Google Analytics. This cookie allows us to see basic information on user activities such as page views and time spent on our website. It has no personally identifiable information stored and is displayed only as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to any individual user. Using Google Analytics helps us to see which pages are most popular so we can improve our service and bring customers more of what they are looking for.
Google Adwords. Using Google AdWords code we are able to view numbers relating to our advertising so that we can effectively show ads to people who are most likely to want our services. This allows us to measure our marketing budgets and shows us which marketing works and which doesn’t. All data is converted to numbers (number of visitors, number of ad clicks etc.) no personally identifiable information is visible to us at any time.
DoubleClick. We use re-marketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to show targeted advertisements. You can opt-out of display advertising and re-marketing if you have a google account by changing your ad settings.
You can opt-out of display advertising and Google Analytics with this Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
Google provides us with basic demographic information in a generalised manner, such as age, gender and interests. This is not personally identifiable as it is merged together to show broad groups and ranges. This information allows us to be more informed about who our main customers are and how we can taylor offers to those customers – for example, if our visitors were mainly 35 – 50 years or age and mostly male, we would tailor our gifts quite differently to if our visitors were 20 – 35 and mostly female.
When you enter your information, such as on the checkout page, your details (including your payment method) are encrypted and securely transmitted using 256-bit SSL encryption technology.
We do not store your credit card details in any way, they are secured using 256-bit SSL encryption and transmitted to our payment processing provider.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer
Beautiful Blooms Floral Boutique ABN 22 895 691 158
Last update: 13 January 2020